What is kundalini energy?
In each of us, there is the energy of spiritual transformation called kundalini. What is kundalini energy? The word comes from the Hindu tradition and means “coiled” or “the power of the serpent,” and metaphorically means “the power of consciousness.”
Most of the world’s spiritual traditions somehow mention it, even the Bible and Buddhism.
In this article, you will learn:
- What kundalini energy is.
- What activates kundalini energy.
- The benefits of awakening this energy.
- The symptoms of kundalini energy awakening.
- About the stages of spiritual awakening.
- What a spiritual awakening is.
This energy is built into our DNA code and exists in every human body around the base chakra. It is usually dormant (in some cases even their whole life), or wakes up and flows through a subtle energy channel that connects all chakras from the base chakra to the crown chakra. The goal of kundalini is to activate all chakras in the body leading to enlightenment.
Kundalini can activate spontaneously by itself. It can be activated by a physical encounter with your twin flame or some traumatic experience. Also, it could be activated with some psychedelic agents or plants. It can also wake up slowly through the use of appropriate spiritual practices such as meditation, yoga, or tantra.
Why is the most desirable version gradual awakening of this energy?
Kundali is very dangerous energy and awakening it “by force”, for example with drugs or plants, can end tragically for the body and mind. It’s a kind of electric lightning going through your whole body. If the nervous system is not ready for such an intense cosmic electrical experience. The awakening caused by psychedelic substances (LSD, ecstasy, DMT, ayahuasca, or hallucinogenic mushrooms) can cause permanent damage to this system, especially the brain, and cause e.g. schizophrenia, stroke, hardening disseminated, or hemorrhage.
There are also known cases of spontaneous human combustion caused by awakened kundalini energy. If this energy moves up the body through the wrong channel – the solar channel, it can cause a self human inflammation. This can also occur when meditating on the solar plexus chakra, the element of which is fire. Then all repressed emotions and passions, as well as hidden defects, come to light. Their flames manifest outside, then they are confronted with the shadow. The flames from inside the human body are blue in color. As a result of self-immolation, nothing is left of a person.
The natural, gradual awakening of this chakra energy by chakra reduces the amount of this energy and allows the nervous system to adapt to it.
Activating the kundalini is a very intense experience that causes a kind of detoxification of the mind and body of a person.
Therefore all traumas and human emotions, both positive and negative, are awakened. Man experiences temporary psychological problems, various types of pains or sensations in the body that have no medical justification, as well as emotional instability (laughter and crying at the same time), vision, and hallucinations. But at the same time, they experiences a powerful, hard to imagine dose of divine love, which in effect leads to a total restructuring of the nervous system. You feel the love everywhere, you breathe it and you are it.
Once the kundalini opens the channel connecting all chakras, it can flow freely through it without causing any discomfort. And its flow you can feel very pleasantly in the form of vibrations resembling the orgasm of the whole body.
Kundalini energy benefits.
Activated kundalini energy brings a lot of benefits to your physical body. Slows down aging. Adds vital energy and causes rapid regeneration of your entire body, but also makes your body more sensitive to all poisons. You stop tolerating alcohol, junk food, meat. Your diet and the amount of food you eat completely change.
When the kundalini energy reaches the last chakra, a process called enlightenment occurs. The kundalini energy causes your body to vibrate at higher vibrations, which also transforms your physical body.
What are the symptoms of kundalini waking up?
- You are very tired, irritable, angry, lonely, sad, or frustrated.
- Life seems empty and meaningless even though you do things that you have loved so far.
- You have a feeling of some internal pressure or stress.
- Panic attacks or hysteria.
- You need constant food that looks like you have a sudden drop in your blood sugar.
- Strange pains, tingling in various parts of the body.
- Cervical spine problems, stiffness, pain.
- Rashes, skin problems.
- Heart palpitations.
- Emotional ups and downs.
- Night sweats and hot flashes.
- Feeling cold without being able to warm up.
- Very realistic dreams.
- Memory problems and difficulty in good words.
- Problems remembering what you were doing or what you were saying a moment ago.
- Feeling confused.
- Problems with your own identity.
- Hearing and seeing things.
- You start to get the impression that you have a mental illness.
- Food allergies and intolerances.
- You don’t feel like doing anything.
- Sudden changes in friends, activity, habits, work, and home.
- You stop tolerating certain things, behaviors, topics, or conversations.
- You wake up every day between 2 and 4 am.
- Your senses are sharpening. You start to see colors differently, hear louder.
- Ringing in your ears.
- You feel the tension around the crown chakra, like a headache.
- Sudden goosebumps or the feeling of someone touching you.
- Sudden waves of emotions.
- Recurring traumas from the past.
- Weight change, once you lose weight, once you gain weight.
- Loss of appetite.
- Changes in eating habits. Feeling hungrier. The need for larger amounts of protein.
- Problems during meditation or prayer – unable to concentrate.
- You start looking younger.
- Your sexual desire is changing.
- Events that completely change your life appear: the death of a loved one, loss of a job, divorce, loss of home, illness, various types of disasters, sometimes even several at a time.
- Nothing is the same anymore.
- You start to feel the energy.
- Need to free yourself from toxic people and situations.
- You feel a great need to find yourself.
- A deep need to find meaning in life and spirituality.
- On your way, you start meeting spiritual teachers at every step. Whether in the form of a man, book, or film.
- Finding your spiritual path, which is beginning to make more and more sense to you.
- You start synchronizing your life with the cycles of nature, the phases of the moon. You have a stronger connection with nature.
- Your intuition increases.
- Your paranormal abilities such as clairvoyance or OBE will appear.
- You begin to see the synchronicities and angel numbers.
- You are beginning to have a feeling of unity with the entire Universe.
- Moments of experiencing bliss and joy.
- You start to love the whole world. You are more emotionally, mentally, physically, and spiritually stronger and integrated.
- Finding your life goal and start living it.
- You need to be closer to nature and animals.
- You need to find your twin flame or soul mate.
- Questioning everything.
- You have wisdom.
- Seeing visions and prophecies. You start to have memories of past lives.
- Your Third Eye opens.
- You start to have flashes of other realities.
- Starting to heal yourself and reprogram yourself.
- You start to feel a great need to create anything.
- Going through the so-called dark soul night.
- Finding relief in silence and loneliness.
Stages of spiritual awakening:
- Feeling empty and unlucky.
- Change of perception.
- Searching for answers and meanings.
- Finding answers and breaking down experience.
- Disappointment and feeling of being lost.
- Deeper internal work.
- Integration, expansion, and joy.
Nowadays, more and more people are beginning to experience these symptoms.
This is due to the very nature of these times. Satisfying all the basic needs of people living in developed countries causes them to be interested in the need for self-realization and self-development. High material status, a feeling of emptiness caused by the consumer’s lifestyle and stress, as well as curiosity and willingness to provide new sensations pushes people towards experiments with psychedelic drugs such as ecstasy or hallucinogenic mushrooms. Fashion for shamanism, experiments with plants, and Ayahuasca rituals. And also, the period of transformation of the Earth, causing that more and more people naturally begin to wake up. However, very often this process is filled with fear and misunderstanding of what is happening.
On the other hand, it also creates a kind of fashion for “awakening”, which has two types of trends. One focused on conspiracy theories, negativity, exposing matrix mechanisms, or discovering methods of manipulation and showing all the evil of this world, and the other focused on mysticism and testing tools that introduce different states of consciousness.
However, these trends are far from real enlightenment and are only an illusion of real enlightenment. The first of these feed on the energy of fear and often causes the identification of the astral plane with the energy of the entire Universe, which often leads to the attachment of the energy of astral beings to people following this direction.
The second one, however, causes falling into the trap of the ego, treating oneself as “chosen”, and exalt oneself over those who are still “sleeping”. It manifests itself in the need to wake up and convert others, often causing pride or judging others.
Activating the chakras.
Often, people also interpret the activation of the heart chakra or any of the following chakras as an awakening. Indeed, this is only the first degree of awakening – the path of the heart, that is, going beyond the separateness of our identity and starting to experience unity with everything that is. Remember that this is only half of the way – 4th chakra. In the history of humanity, there were not many truly enlightened masters (eg, Buddha, Jesus, Osho), which does not mean that it is not available to everyone. But as you know it depends on many factors, including the age of the soul.
The essence of true awakening is development in harmony and balance. Death of ego and duality, and genuine well-being. Action for the highest good and in harmony with natural laws.
When you wake up to this level, you will begin to see all aspects of your life as spiritual experiences. This means that you will begin to understand that everything you experience is a product of your imagination and that you have full control over the Universe because you are the Universe itself. The result of awakening the kundalini is always enlightenment, but you don’t need to experience the kundalini flow to be enlightened. Kundalini is a phenomenon in consciousness, but enlightenment is consciousness awakening as its true identity.
LJ Vanier „EXPERIENCING A KUNDALINI AWAKENING? HERE’S WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:”, The Spirit Science, 2015, thespiritscience.net http://thespiritscience.net/2015/10/22/experiencing-a-kundalini-awakening-heres-what-to-expect-next
Marlyse Carroll „3 of 9 – Kundalini Explained”, amigoingmad.com https://amigoingmad.com.au/articles-spiritual-crisis/kundalini-explained/
Lara Hocheiser „What Is Kundalini Awakening?”, 2018, Gaia, gaia.com https://www.gaia.com/article/what-is-kundalini-awakening